Memorable Words of Wisdom and Inspiration

********************** Being able to recognize and identify birds is crucial to our awareness of the world around us. - LEE ALLEN PETERSON *********************

**** Birding is something that we do for enjoyment; so if you enjoy it, you're a good birder. If you enjoy it a lot, you're a great birder. - KENN KAUFMAN ****

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Winter Wren Portrait


Video and audio of Winter Wren by The Music of Nature

I truly LOVE all wrens, whether it be House, Marsh, Carolina, Sedge and Winter (though there are the Western species still to see). But I without a doubt, above all the other wrens, the Winter Wren is my absolute favorite! However, sadly enough, it is my NEMESIS bird! So many times I have heard their truly remarkable, tinkering, cascading song, whether it be at Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge of Jefferson, NH; up in the various locales in Pittsburg, NH; or even in some places out in central to western MA. But never have I actually seen a Winter Wren! Last year was the most gut-wrenching while being up in Pittsburg, NH for family vacation. 10 different occurrences in our 7 days up there in the North Country of NH I heard this bird sing, but never could I get upon one! THIS YEAR will be the year I mark the Winter Wren off my list of Lifers to get, and no more shall the Winter Wren be my Nemesis bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment